Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bookmarks Magazine, Issue #37

After perusing the newest Bookmarks magazine tonight, I have added the following books to the "Books I Want to Read" pile (clicking on the title will bring you to the amazon.com review of the book)...

-Songs for the Missing by Stewart O'Nan
-Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O'Nan
-Just After Sunset: Stories by Stephen King
-The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
-The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
-The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
-The Northern Clemency by Philip Hensher
-A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz
-Netherland by Joseph O'Neill
-Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith
-The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
-Lush Life by Richard Price
-Dear American Airlines by Jonathan Miles
-Now You See Him by Eli Gotlieb
-The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff
-The House on Fortune Street by Margot Livesey
-So Brave, Young and Handsome by Leif Enger
-The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich
-The Gathering by Anne Enright
-The Legal Limit by Martin Clark
-The Given Day by Dennis Lehane
-The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti
-The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
-Goldengrove by Francine Prose
-American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
-Iodine by Haven Kimmel
-The Turnaround by George Pelecanos
-The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo by Steig Larsson
-When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson
-The Grift by Debra Ginsberg
-The Likeness by Tana French
-Real World by Natsuo Kirino
-Out by Natsuo Kirino

And there is one book I read about somewhere else that I wanted to add:

-The View From the Seventh Layer by Kevin Brockmeier

2 comments:

Andi said...

The Gargoyle is breathtaking! I reviewed it last month. Loved it. Loved loved loved it. I hope you have good luck with it when you get around to it. I have lots of these same books on my wishlisted. The Hour I First Believed is supposed to be in the mail for review, and I'm biting my nails having to wait for it!

booknerd9906 said...

Andi,
I know! I was so excited when I found out Wally Lamb had another book coming out (finally!). And Dennis Lehane has a new one, too! And Stephen King with his new book of short stories. It is all very exciting! LOL!