Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Reading Update

Well, due to being layed up in bed most of the weekend I have had a chance to make a nice dent into "The Garden of Last Days". I am on page 136 and I hope to get another big chunk read today. This is one of those books that starts off very slowly, introducing its characters, building suspense.

Each chapter alternates between several different characters. The main character is a stripper named April. One night, her baby sitter cancels on her so she is forced to bring her 3 year old daughter, Franny, to work with her. Once at work, all kinds of things happen. A mysterious foreigner names Bassam shows a liking for April and buys her for a private show. A regular named A.J. gets thrown out of the club for holding hands with his favorite stripper. Meanwhile, Franny is left alone in the back room of the club to watch Disney videos while her Mom works. All of these things are leading up to something big. I am definitely enjoying the book so far.

Sometime today I am hoping to get out of the house with my husband and get to the mall for some shopping. And I am hoping I can talk him into stopping in the bookstore so I can maybe pick up a little something for myself :0)

No comments: